Friday, May 8, 2009

My molly is pregnant help!?

I have a black baloon Molly who gave birth a month ago. All of the fry were eaten by the other fish. I have put some live plants in there and it looks like she may give birth again. How do I know when to separate her? Can I put her in a breeding net? When will she have her babies? This has never happened to me and I want to make sure I take good care of her and the babies!
Answers:
Do not put her in a net or plastic breeder because she may get stressed and give birth to soon instead You can buy a ten gal. tank at walmart and put her in there as soon as possible and add a ton of floating plants and dense plants so the babies can hide in them And you can either buy fry fish food or feed them powdered flake food to make the food put a few pinches in a plastic bag and get as much air out of the bag as possible now close the bag and pinch the food and rub you're fingers together
You can separate her now by putting her in another tank and only to move her back after she has given birth.
This way, the babies will be safe from other fish.
Alternatively, you cna build partition in the tank if it is big enuff.
I'm not sure if you can really tell when they are going to have the babies. I have one that looks really big, so I seperated her already. They can stay in a breeding net or container as long as they are still in the tank. I read that the water should be warm and you should add some salt. Also eating brine shrimp helps them. I read this on the web so I am trying it but not sure of the outcome. Good luck!
Get another tank and put them in there pronto. If you want to make sure that they don't get eaten, than do what I say and tomarrow get a tank and then transfer what you want from the other tank(or buy some other stuff) and then that can be the birthing tank. Transfer the fish as soon as possible to be sure. Hope this helps!
Put her in another tank until she gives birth.
My molly is about to do the same thing... and I'm unprepared! But u can be! Here are some tips:
you can put her in a breeding net, just as long as it is big enough for her
You can also get a breeding tank for the babies
you can also have a Glass Fishbowl, or a vase and put the mom in there.
The only reason I'm not prepared, is because I only have her and 2 snails that are algee eaters!lol
I hope I helped! And I hope you will have healthy babies!
--Mae
P.S. For food, crush the food u give them, or gather some algee from a dirty tank, or a fountain that dosn't have cloriene in ti!
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment