Sunday, August 2, 2009

Power Filters?

Which brand would be best for a 20 gal tank holding two fantail goldfish? I hear that these fish are really dirty so do I need extra filtration?
Answers:
Aquaclear. For a tank like yours, with goldfish, I would recommend using 2 filters(2 Aquaclear 30's), one on each side of the tank.
No bones about it, best power filter available. I have 12 of them running at the moment, and never hear a peep out of them. I have tried bio-wheels, and there is no comparison on how much better the Aquaclear works.
Get a Marineland Bio-Wheel Penguin 100, it has a three step filtration process and I personally use them!! Also the cartridges are very reasonable here is the link: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pr...
Get a 40 gal filter and keep it changed often and you dont feed alot of food and you should be good..but yes gold fish are dirty fish..but if you take care of them they will live long and grow nice..but watch for fin rot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment