Sunday, August 2, 2009

Problem in the Soritory?

I have some bettas in a 29 gallon tank and I added a half sized female recently and yesterday I noticed a huge chunk bitten out of her tail and this morning she didn't come out of hiding for breakfast or come out yesterday for dinner. My neighbor has a community 10 gallon w/ 2 females, but they don't pick on anyone because we once had one that was about 3/5 their size in there and they pretty much left her be. My neighbors tank has enough room for her, so would it be best to put her in the 10 gal instead? I feel bad that she would be going in a tank about 1/3 of the size of the other one, but since she can't eat w/out getting bullied, should I remove her? I would remove the bully, but basically all the bettas higher in the pecking order are picking on her.
Thanks
Answers:
I suggest yo do remove the new smaller female into a tank of her own or to your neighbours, And in future when you add fish to a tank re-arange all the deco and plants so the new fish doesnt enter the other fish's teritoria and get attacked.
~ GG

No comments:

Post a Comment