Thursday, July 30, 2009

No algae in my fish tank. good or bad?

No algae in my fish tank. good or bad?
The water in my tank is always good. I do regular water changes.
I have 2 goldfish in my 15 gallon tank for about a year but I haven't seen any signs of algae except for the inside of my filter. I can barely see some greenish/browish stuff growing inside the tube.
p.s. i dont have any plants or algae eaters YET and i turn the lights for about 2 hours daily
Answers:
Lack of algae is good since this usually means there is an imbalance within the tank. I also have only slight amounts of algae and it's in my filter. My tank is in great condition so keep doing what your doing cause it's working good!
I would think that's a good thing
good
Good
That once happened to me before, and there is only one cause for it. DOES YOU TANK RECEIVE ANY LIGHT? If your tank doesn't come with a hood, and you have no over head lights, and it is not place in front of a window(meaning that you don't get any or much direct sunlight) AND the only time your tank every receives some light is when you opens your light in your living room/bedroom at night.
If your tank is like the that, then there is nothing wrong with your tank, but your fish might not be too happy, whatever you do, get some light in your tank.
IF you do get an algae eater, you may want to consider getting algae tablets considering they eat algae. And you may be suprised there is more than you see.
thats good. I wish i had your "problem" as do many other people who keep fish tanks.
good

No comments:

Post a Comment