Thursday, July 30, 2009

One of my goldfish was emaciated!?

I started with one goldfish, named Nemo (these are both commons) and I was reading that they liked company, so I bought him a buddy. Both fish are 'feeders' but both are healthy as can be, except that Marlin was emaciated! I thought he just had a patchy colored head but now that I have had him sot a few weeks, I noticed that it wasn't coloring, it was the outlines of his skull showing through his skin! Nemo's head is rounded and fat looking, but Marlin's heas is really angular and gaunt looking. It's getting better now that I am feeding him (and nemo the pig) 2x daily flakes and colormin goldfish shaped pellets. I did not know fish could be emaciated!
Answers:
wait, is the skin through the skin? if so he may have hole in the head disease or something similar. is there any way you could get a pic up?
anyway, nice job saving some fishies, I'm sure they love you for it :) you may want to cut back on nemo's food though or he may get constipated. sounds funny but it's true.
I guess you know now
what's emaciated mean?
Wow! I didn't know that either, but that's interesting.
To you above who didn't know what emaciated means, it means starved to an unhealthy point.

No comments:

Post a Comment