Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My tap water has Chlorine equals zero? Eh?!?

The Mardel test strip shows that my tapwater has no chlorine? The test said to dip in, wait 30 seconds, and I did that?
Answers:
How long did you let the water run before taking the test sample? Any water sample should be taken after running enough water to completely empty your system and get water from the main. Water that has set in your pipes will lose all its chlorine fairly quickly.
Now call your local water dept. and stop wasting our time. This is a dog forum.
I dunno, with a tester that is a strip, I suspect the reliability of those. Typically, lots of those are made and those lots tend to have expired and still sold. A liquid testing kit is more accurate and faster. Try that and at the same time, feel free to contact public works or whoever supplies your tap water.
JV
FOLLOW UP: I hear you but I'm just saying, I do not trust testing strips. Results you get from readings on them are very suspect, but really, just notify public works.
iF iT SAYS 0 iT PROBABLY HAS NO CHLORiNE iN iT. JUST WATCH YOUR FiSH AND MAKE SURE NOTHiNG HAPPENS. HOPE iT HELPS.
does it say that it detects chloramines as well as chlorine? I'm not to fond of test strips any way they are usually pretty inaccurate.
tetra fin makes a great solution to make tap water safe for fish
This may sound like a stupid question but do u have well water or city water?

No comments:

Post a Comment