Saturday, May 22, 2010

Question about pleco food..?

I have a bit of a problem,I have a plecostomus in with some yellow lab cichlids and when I attenpt to feed my pleco some algae wafers at night,the cichlids find it first and chow down on it until there's nothing left..Any suggestions?
Answers:
Drop the algae wafer in after you turn the light out. Be consistent and always drop it in the same spot every time, it will be easier for him to finds.
How bigs the plec? You could try some sinking pellets and feed them all at the same time so no one misses out.
i have to tell you that what you got with the pleco is a big tank messer he will poo more than he eats and the other guy is right if you want to feed him you will have to be more sneaky try food one end and food the other i never did feed mine he always ate what my others did and he grew huge look like the size of a small cat fish had him 6yrs
my pleco seems to be more aggressive than yours.is the pleco bigger then the cichlids? my pleco is bigger than my guppies.so there is never an issue with his algae wafers...
Turn off the light at nights, for at least 12-14 hours and on for 10-12 hours during the day
Put the wafers in just after you turn off the light, that should help

EB

No comments:

Post a Comment