Monday, May 24, 2010

Saltwater starter supplies?

I have head from some online sites that if you have a good skimmer and enough live rock in your saltwater tank you don"t need any other filtration for a 30 gallon. Is this true and if it isn't can you give me a link to an online store that has what i need for a 30 gallon filtration wise?
~THANKS~
Answers:
It is true that if you have enough live rock and sand,,Plus good water movement from power heads you don't need a filter..But I still use a fliter just to keep my water nice and clear.
When i started salt with a 28 gallon tank I used a whisper filter from walmart that is designed for a 60 gallon tank.That is all you need.
I have a filter on my sw aquarium and I only need 3 lbs. of live rock, my tank is 20 gallons, I have a Bio-wheel 200, the bio-wheel is great, and live rock is sooo expensive here is a good priced website(the link is the filter that i suggest): http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pr...
It is safer to have a filter

No comments:

Post a Comment