Monday, May 24, 2010

Saw the fish at Walmart, terrible conditions.?

Just happened to go to Walmart yesterday (not that I shop there) and I went by the fish aquariums and I was shoked at the conditions of the fish. There were so many fish that were dying. I have some koi at home and seeing how bad of a condition the koi were in I wish I could have bought them all to save them. They had scales missing, eyes sucked in, broken fins and pink lines in their fins from ammonia burn and they were just floating around half dead. Just another reason why I hate Walmart (fish cruelty)!
Answers:
the problem is u shouldnt class everything as all bad. like, you cant say that all petcos are bad, just like all walmarts are bad.
There are some good ones out there, but your right, most of them are in really bad shape.
The only thing to really do is not buy fishes from them, simple as that, dont support their business.
Other than that, theres nothing else you can do. Complain to the company might work, but they must recieve plenty of complants against them. Just dont buy from them and dont support their practices.
My Walmart got rid of their fish. They just don't have the expirenced people or tanks or conditions to carry fish, exspecially tropical fish. Whatever you do, don't go back there and buy those koi. By not selling their fish, Walmart will get rid of them and you don't infect your pond!
2 things you can do...you can call spca and file a complaint or call the store manager (name and number on the top of your receipt) and make a complaint that you did call the spca or you can also contact peta...its sad I have seen it myself with their beta fish, but do something PLEASE!
It all depends on each individual department head. Some care about their department and obviously some don't.
My experience has shown me there are lots who don't. The fish in two stores I go to are also in deplorable condition.
Can you remember back when the motto of Walmart was "buy american" ?
our walmart keeps pretty good care of the fish.
Thats why because them emploes dont care underpaid 2 dollars and hour no education manager gets 5 an hourtrying to make a living go to petsmart or petco better buisness.
I agree with bettachris, I bought two angelfish from petsmart once only because they were some of the best angels i seen, let alone in a pet store, but anyways now they are some of my best fish! Now about 6 months ago i went to petsmart again looking for some more quilty fish and found these poor, poor sickly fish. i was ashamed they were even selling them. So they are some good ones, and some bad ones. Sometimes its even just the shipment of fish they get in but its mostly there ignorance.
I'm sure there are some pretty good walmarts out there somewhere,but most just aren't.I mean,who keeps bettas in water 1 inch deep?I hate it,but it's happening every day,and lots of fish are dyeing because of it.And the goldfish?Some walmarts put about 15-20 in one tank together!
I bought fishies from there and they were soooooo mean they killed my other 1s!! Then I got little goldfish there and they infected my whole 29 gallon tank. My poor little fishies I had had for over 3yrs(life exp. was 1 1/2 - 2yrs) and the goldfish had a disease tht killed them off 1 by 1! It was sooooo sad!
saw the same thing here in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida store went back everyday for 10 days and NEVER saw an associate in that section, went and had the manager paged and waited 45 minutes and they never showed up either, I hate walmart and will never set foot in one again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment