Saturday, May 22, 2010

Red/brown algae in saltwater tank?

I recently noticed that there is a lot of brown or red stuff on the walls of my saltwater tank. Anyone know what causes this? It is pretty new, like within 4 months of set up. I do have an anemome, would this cause anything?
Answers:
You don't need a skimmer.Red and brown algae is normal in saltwater tanks..The red can be hard to get off the glass believe me I know but it is normal and harmless,just scrub it off.The brown is easier to get off it is just diatom and is also common and normal.
quick. . ."GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!" HA!
Seriously. . .check your "PH", sounds like you got a water problem dude! ;-)
red and brown algea is very common in slatwater fish tanks. i have the back of my tank covered in algea so it looks natural. just clean the fronts and sides of the tank so u can see the fish.
This is absoutly normal you wil go through three types of bacteria "algae" if it presist longer than a month to two, than you have a problem, and may need a protein skimmer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment